Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My little Dino Warrior

Kassidy started her tae kwon do class last night, and she LOVED it! I totally loved watching her too. I think it's awesome that right from the start they teach respect and discipline, then get on to the good stuff - fight moves! Kassidy started learning a single, double and triple punch. On the double they yell "DINO!" "WARRIORS!" When we got home I got her to show Dan what she learned, and I could tell by his face that he was SO proud. His eyes were sparkling with pride. He made her do 10 punches into his hand. :) Part of the program is earning stripes on their belt, which can be earned by learning how to bow correctly, or punch, or kick. The fourth stripe is one the parents can give....and take away. It's a black stripe and they earn it by showing respect to their parents and being kind to their friends. If they earn the stripe one week, and the next week I have to take it away, they have to go to a teacher, before class, and explain that their stripe was taken away and why. I think that is such an awesome way to instill some good behavior into my little red headed firecracker girl. :)





No comments: