Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Drumheller

Kassidy has been wanting to go to the 'big dinosaur museum' forever, and had it in her head that she really wanted to stay at a hotel with a swimming pool, so we filled her wish this weekend. A little family vacation to Drumheller. As soon as we drove into town her eyes were wide! Dinosaur sightings everywhere. Saturday was awesome and I can't remember the last time I laughed so much with Dan and Kassidy. I laughed so hard that I cried! I think it was just what we needed - a day away from every day life where we can just enjoy each other. I know Kassidy loved her day too because at bedtime she couldn't stop saying that she loves me and her Daddy. :) We went out for lunch at BP, Royal Tyrell Museum (where Kassidy went through it so quickly we had to do it twice), another Dino World Museum where Kassidy did a fossil dig and saw an animated T-Rex (she thought it was real and of course Dan and I fed into that), to the hotel for a swim, then for crappy snack food for supper: nachos, dry ribs and calamari! Today is day two, and I'm just killing time while Dan sleeps and Kassidy watches cartoons, waiting for Reptile World to open. Then we will be heading home, with some stops in Camrose. (Dan can't pass through a town without stopping at Peavy Mart!)




Dan told Kassidy that a poisonous bear lived in this wishing well, so she was too scared to look in it. :)


Cute picture, if only a flower wasn't growing out of her head!


It was her idea to pick the guy's nose. And the glasses were her choice too. :)


On her awesome fossil dig. She unearthed a Raptor, and found lots of different little fossils burried in the sand. She got to pick her favourite one to take home.