So lets talk about the plumbing issues first. I called all the plumbers in the Sherwood Park Yellowpages plus two listed in the newspaper. It was aproximately 25 calls. Out of that, I talked to three who said they were too busy, one who was piss-ass drunk, left 20 messages with not one person calling me back....and the ONE person who said they could help out didn't even show up tonight when they said they would. So where does that leave us? Should it seriously be THIS hard to get a plumber to my house???
Next is our shingles. They were blowing off of my roof and landing on the grass as I left for work Tuesday morning, so I called my broker as soon as I got to work that day to report the claim, not knowing what the extent of the damage would be when the wind was done. She said she would be out on Wednesday to see it, and she put in a call to a roofer and he was going to call me back on Wednesday or Thursday. Friday, 2pm, I still hadn't heard from anyone. So I called my adjuster. Did she call back? No, of course not. Did ANYONE call me back? No. On my message I said I was concerned that it was the weekend coming up and if no one could work on it right away, could she let me know if I need to protect the roof in some way? Still don't know the answer to that question.
So that's my tale of woe. Could be worse, right? Not the end of the world. Just very very frustrating, and makes me angry that some people just don't care anymore about keeping their word.
On a funny note: I was walking through Manulife Place on my break today and saw an ad for Alligator Pie, a kids store. I thought I would check it out. I didn't see one thing in there under $100. There were special Christmas dresses for $180, and I even saw a t-shirt for $120. They were size 12 months. OK, the kid's gonna spill something on it, and then the shirt you just bought for $100 is ruined. I'll stick to my $4 Children's Place shirts, thank you very much. : ) It was located right next to Heny Singer and Holt Renfrew, so I shouldn't have been shocked....but still I was.
Here's a picture of Kassidy getting her first haircut:




2 comments:
First haircut! CUTE!!
I hear your contractor woes. Let's talk about how my bathroom reno's started in JUNE and still aren't done!!
I might have a plumber for you. I used the guy I work with and he did it on the side for us. Not sure if he does it often, or just cuz i work for him. Want me to see if he wants some extra work after work next week?
Let me know and I'll text him.
Oh, also, my Uncle is a General Contractor who just started his own business. He did all of our kitchen work. I'm not sure if he knows shingles or not, but I could try him too.
Let me know ; )
Post a Comment