Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 30, 2007

things come together

We've had an eventful week! Tuesday night Kassidy and I had come home from work and I was walking down the garage stairs to our basement. For whatever reason I figured I was done the steps at three, and not four. Down I fell. Kassidy was OK, just scared. Me on the other hand had twisted my foot under my body when I fell. I thought I had broke it because it bent so much and hurt.

So the first event to come together: just as I fell I heard Dan drive up to the garage! So I yelled for him and in he came to help me.

I walked around on it a bit that night so I figured it wasn't broken. But by Wendesday morning....good grief did it hurt! I couldn't put any weight on it. It was kind of tricky getting Kassidy out of her crib, but we figured it out. I talked to my Mom at 8:30 that morning as Kassidy at her breakfast. She told me how just the day before she had done her first hotshot run for the company my dad works for, to Lacombe, and that she loved it and was hoping more would come up. We ended our conversation around 8:50 and she said she would pray that someone would be able to give me a hand until my foot felt better. Little did she know.....

Second event to come together: five minutes later my Mom called back and said "I'm leaving the house in five minutes. Dad called and they need a hotshot run to Lloydminster, and I'm coming to your house on my way back to help you until Friday". God answered her prayer in a way she hadn't considered....that she would be the one to help! What makes this even more amazing is that Dad has NEVER had a hotshot run to Lloyd. Ever.

Dan came home at noon on Wedesday and took me to the doctor. She thought it might be broken so sent me to emergency. Before going there though we dropped Kassidy off at home so Mom could feed her and put her to bed. Dan and I went to emergency in Sherwood Park and left around 10pm, with no broken foot!! I still had to use crutches , but they wrapped it up for me nice and tight and gave me some instructions. Today I am able to walk on it (in a hobbiling, funny kind of way) but it turned out perfect because my Mom had to leave back to Calgary at noon and she left knowing that I can get around my house again and get Kassidy in and out of her bed.

So even though I'm uncomfortable, I can't help but be happy and thankful because of how I've been taken care of, in many different ways. I sure am a lucky girl!

No comments: