T-Cat is walking!!! 19 months old, pretty much to the day. She's a walking maniac. Nothing stops that girl! I was trying to encourage her to walk more on her own, by holding my hand, and that must have given her the little confidence boost she needed. On the night of the 19th she walked from the kitchen to her bedroom, all by herself. Then the next day at her Auntie Crystals I was told that she was busy walking everywhere. And it was so true! When I got her home she just cruised. No support from me needed. : ) Friday morning (I took Friday off of work) I was getting ready in my bathroom and heard her coming my way, and couldn't tell if she was walking or crawling, but when she walked through my bathroom door and gave a big smile and a laugh, I couldn't help but cheer. She's so pleased with herself that she walks around our kitchen island, doing laps, over and over again. And we have our first walking injury to report also. We went swimming today, and when we got outside I was holding her hand and she slipped on some ice. I heard the THUNK of her head hitting the ground. She even had little pieces of rock and dirt in her tiny hand and face. When we got home it was already a goose-egg above her eye and turning blue. So we'll see tomorrow what the bruise looks like. If it's noticable enough I'll post it!
We bought Kassidy a new pet. (Like she doesn't have enough already!) On family day morning the three of us went out for breakfast and then to the petstore to look for a fish. We got a blue Beta. He lives in her room on her dresser. I think 'Fish' is happy being there, and Kassidy likes to talk to him.
We had a bit of excitement at our home last Friday. Dan was home that day, and after I left for work our pump failed and we had a basement partially full of water. He was able to get someone here right away to clean it and put in a new pump, and now we are in the throws of fixing the damage. It's so frustrating because we are working so hard (well....people are working hard on our behalf!) to get our home the way we want it, via renos, and this set us back. But it's just a small setback and it's things that can be fixed. And they will be.
My mom had surgery on her eye this past week. I think she was nervous about it (well, really, who wouldn't be?) but it went really well. It was for cataracts. She said the best way to describe it is when she had the cataract it was like looking through a dirty window all the time, and now it is cleaned. I'm so happy for her!
More exciting news! On Monday we are getting our high speed internet installed. WOOHOO! I'll be sure to let you all know our new email address.
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment