Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 6, 2008

kids crack

Oh, she make look innocent. Smiling so sweetly with those big brown eyes and cute pixy cut. But underneath that facade is....is....I don't even know what to call her. What is it about Dora that captures little girls so much? I mean I am happy that she is a normal looking girl, and not a barbie, and that she teaches kids stuff, but when my daughter screams like a star struck teenager whenever she sees Dora, I gotta wonder what the deal is. We were at Walmart the other night. Walmart is a haven for Dora. She is everywhere. On cups, toys, plates, shoes, placemats, balloons, cards, etc. Half the time I don't even notice Dora lurking in the ailes. It's not until my eagle-eyed girl screams at the top of her lungs "DOOOOOYAAAA!!!!!" (Dora) do I notice her smiling her sneaky little smile at us. I'm almost afraid to go back to Walmart again after the craziness that ensued this past week there. (In all honesty it does make me laugh). I just don't get it. What is it about Dora that makes little girls go so bonkers? Maybe once Kassidy is expressing herself through full sentances I'll have to pose that question to her. Although by then she might be over the Dora craze too. It may be forever a mystery.

2 comments:

BethJoy said...

It's not just GIRLS!! It's ALL kids! It is wierd how they get so hooked. Jonah just recently in the last year became a Diego and Dora fan. I introduced him to Diego first, even though I am generally not the type of mother who 'leads' my child to one toy over another because of their sex. But Dora has a lot of pink stuff so I thought I should go the Diego route, so his family & friends around him won't make fun if he plays with 'girly' toys. But Jonah still sometimes says he likes Dora more, we even had to buy him the Pink Dora scarf over the blue diego one this winter, because he likes Dora better!
It is a mystery how they encompass our children SO.

Lindsey said...

IT'S SO TRUE!! Connor loves two things - Diego and Elmo. Diego was pretty much the only thing that would keep him quiet for a 4 hour car ride. I'd peek at him and he'd be grinning away at the DVD screen. You're right, it's total baby crack.