Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

behavior

It could just be because I'm in a bad mood, but two things happened yesterday and today that just annoyed me to no tomorrow.

First: Yesterday I took Kassidy to the new KidsQuarterz in Sherwood Park. They have a toddler room there, which you would imagine that to be a safe place for toddlers to play. Well it was for a while. Until a grown man went in there with his son and the grown man started a game of THROWING the large peices of mats and building blocks at his son, right accross the room. This of course encouraged the boys in the room to join in. Soon it was an all-out throwing match of large, heavy mats. My poor girl was trying to go down a small slide, right next to this idiot man, and he didn't stop. Instead one of these projectiles hit her right in the head. Did that make him stop? You'd think so, wouldn't you. But no. He was too stupid. So I picked up my girl to console her and told her, in a voice I thought was loud enough for him to hear, "OK Kassidy lets go over here where it's not so violent. Sorry I have to move you to a safe place in this TODDLER area." Either he didn't hear me though or didn't care because he kept throwing stuff, completely destroying the castles and bridges the kids had built and making me sheild my daughter from stray peices that came her way. I know I should have confronted him face to face. I just didn't want to be the bitchy mom who ruins the other kids fun. But in all honesty I should have, because he was making a toddler area a very unsafe place.

Second: I took Kassidy and Allison to the library today. It was quite busy in the kids area. I've always been brought up to know that the library is a quiet place. We need to use hushed voices and we can't run around. But there was one mom there who kept talking to her kids in a loud voice. It was louder than a normal inside voice. And she'd talk to them from accross the room rather than walking up to them to speak, which made it even louder. A couple of times, when we were close to her, Kassidy would yell or say something loudly and I would stop her and quietly say "Kassidy we need to use quiet voices in the library" both to teach my daughter respect for others and so that hopefully this other woman would clue in. But again, do you think she did? Right. No. I think she thought she was super Mom or something and wanted us all to hear what a good mom she was being and how she was teaching her kids how to share, etc. But what she wasn't teaching her kids was how to behave in a library.

OK. I'm done. Venting over.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You're too funny. I agree with both of those entries.

I've also come to realize that some people were born without common sense and they don't get hints. You have to confront them if you want anything to stop (like another little boy hitting Connor at the health centre).

You can't fix stupid.