Monday night Mojave came home with a big, gross, open wound. We figured he got in a fight with the fox. That night I put polysporin on it and gently wrapped it up. When I woke the next morning his paw was 2X the size of any other paw and the wound looked worse. So I called a friend who lives near by and had the day off and he took him to the vet. My big strong kitty HATES being away from home and the poor nurses had to sedate him just to WEIGH him! When they called me I could hear him howling in the background. Turns out it was an absess that burst. The vet explained that he probably got in a fight with another cat, the little puncture wounds from the other cat got infected, ballooned up and burst. GROSS! Glad it didn't happen in my house!!!! So now I get to give my big, strong, fighting and mousing cat medicine 3X a day for 10 days and keep him in the house. Sure he's 'my' cat so he is good with me, but it's still giving a cat medicine. Every tried that? haha. And to keep him in the house....already my ears are ringing with his howls of protest that will last all day. But I love my Mojave (shhhhh....don't tell the other pet's he's my favourite) and am just happy he is OK. :)
The wound Monday night

Tuesday morning his paw is double the size of any other paw

After his vet visit, the hair trimmed away to keep the wound clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment