Kassidy did awesome. This year when we've taken her in our little fishing boat she has been to scared to venture out of my arms. This weekend she decided she was brave. I was holding her and Dan was telling her where she could sit, all by herself, if she wanted to. We just relaxed while Dan fished and Kassidy slowly put her feet down and was standing without me holding her. After we cheered she slowly made her way to her own seat. On her own time. And she did it! The other big accomplishment was going in the lake. All summer she's been to scared to even set a toe in lake water. This time, after being brave with the boat, she decided it was time to be brave in the water too. We were so proud of her! And now that she's done it she loves it. :)
Now this next weekend...Dan and I have taken this Friday off so tomorrow night, after the last kid leaves, we are out the door. Hope Lake, here we come!!
Walking out to Dan, all by herself!
Looking for rocks
Walking back to the camper afer playing at the beach
Me and my girl, cuddling on the lounge chair
Now this is relaxing. My feet propped up, cuddling with my girl, while Dan cooks supper. It doesn`t get any better than this.
Time for some Daddy & Kassidy time
Doing a summersault
She wanted me to take a picture of the bridge she made with her legs. She wanted me to walk accross the bridge and didn`t believe me when I told her I was too heavy.
Kassidy is holding the stick she found to eat her marshmallow with. She is patiently waiting as Dan and I make the fire just right for roasting.
Dan swiping the marshmallows
Waiting for the fire
All that waiting and all she wanted was to eat an unroasted marshmallow on a stick. That made me laugh so hard!!! Poor girl waited 30 minutes for the perfect fire for nothing. haha! At least she was patient, even if she didnt get it. :)
One day this week, playing in the water on our deck. I like to keep the kids in the shade when its this hot out.




1 comment:
Wow, she looks like such a grown up little girl!! I can't believe how time is flying by.
My fave pic is of you lounging and Dan making dinner :)
Post a Comment