Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

no surgery!

We had some great news today...Kassidy's not going for surgery this winter!!! The doctor says her hip still doesn't look right, but he thinks it is where it should be, and she is moving fine, so leave it. PHEW!!! I feel like a bad mother because I forgot to mention the popping noise her hip makes (kinda important, Ang!) but I keep telling myself that the doctor did his flexibility tests, checked her leg lengths, and looked at her x-ray, so even if I mentioned that we'd still be OK. What a HUGE relief not to have to go through 6 weeks of a spica cast, not to mention a scary surgery!! He wants to keep monitoring her so we'll see him again next year. I'm OK with that!

Today was Kassidy's first dentist visit. I keep telling her she's a weirdo, and today she proved it. She liked going to the dentist. Weird! :) The only thing she didn't like was when the chair moved, but she was OK with it if I held her hand. She didn't even mind the little whirring tooth cleaning machine, or water being squirted in her mouth, or that sucking machine that keeps the flouride from going down your throat! Unbelievable. Hopefully she has her daddy's teeth and will never have a need to be scared of the dentist. It probably helped too that Liam's mommy was the one doing the cleaning. (Liam is one of Kassidy's little friends). She does really well at making the kids feel comfortable and explaining everything.


For me, I still feel a little lost. My eye is MUCH better. No longer swollen like I got punched in the eye, and it isn't hurting anymore. It's still pink but on the mend. While we were out today I got a call about my CT scan. It's booked. I have to call tomorrow for the date. Can't help wonder what it is they see behind my eyes. And I just don't feel myself lately. Tired, but not tired. Headache, but not headache. Even with Kassidy's good news today I couldn't really rejoice because I don't have it in me. I know it sounds weird, but I just can't explain it. Went to my family physician (who I trust completely - she's an amazing doctor!) today and will do some blood tests tomorrow then see her next week for the results. Until this all gets sorted out I just want to lie low. Take it easy. Stay home as much as I can and relax. That's it, until we know more leave it at that.

But let's end on a positive note: NO SURGERY FOR TIGER CAT!!! And how do we at Ayers Rock celebrate?? Share a bag of sour cream chips. :)

1 comment:

Chrissy and Brian said...

Yay for Kassidy!
And I hope you are feeling back to normal soon!