Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

my girl's first movie theatre experience

Me and Kassidy had today off and my mom suggested we go to a movie. I had never taken her before, except when she was a baby, so wasn't too sure how it would go. That's a long time for a 3 year old to sit! We went to see Ice Age, Return of the Dinosaurs (or something like that) and she LOVED IT!!! There were some pretty scary parts in it, like when the T-Rex roared, or bared it's teeth, or stomped on the ground, and Kassidy told me she was scared so I sat her on my lap. I told her I'd cover her eyes till the scary parts were over but she wouldn't let me. She wanted to be scared. Lets see now if I get a little girl waking up from scary dreams tonight! Really, the movie was G rated, but I even jumped once or twice.



Got some crazy stuff going on here too. My left eye is all wonky. Took three doctors, the last one being a specialist at the Royal Alex, to tell me I have pink eye. But she couldn't explain the swelling on the left side of my face. Looks like I got punched in the eye. Swollen and tender and a bit discoloured. On antibiotics for that. The specialist also found some growths behind both eyes so is booking me for a CT scan to see what's going on in my head. That's as far as I'll go with that story for you. Aaaaaaannnndddd....on Tuesday Kassidy is booked for her specialist appointment to see if she needs surgery this winter. I'm prepared for a 'yes' so won't come as too much of a shock if he says it, but still...seems to be a lot on our plate lately. On a positive note, since I have pink eye I had to take today and next week off of work. Nothin' wrong with that!

No comments: