We also decided she was ready for a bigger bed. We've had her in a toddler bed, and on those nights where she is scared she's been bunking with us, which ends up not giving neither Dan nor I a good night sleep (too squishy!). So we started hunting for a twin bed so I could crawl in with her if she wanted (or if I wanted! She is pretty adorable to wake up to. haha). We found the one you see below. Isn't it AWESOME??!! I wanted to get her a pretty princess bed. She wanted a bunk bed. I thought this was a good compromise. Yes, the practial side of my brain screamed out "You are going to have to crawl up a ladder every night to read to her and kiss goodnight!" "That bed is going to be a pain in the butt to make up!", but the kid in me won out, lucky for her. I kept thinking how much I would have loved a bed like this as a kid. It feels like you are camping when you are lying in the 'house' and what kid doesn't love a tent? And in the bottom part I'll store her toys - out of sight! I could even put a mattress down there if I wanted to.
Today I went to a provider conference. I really enjoyed it. My job is different than my old one in that I don't have coworkers I can vent to all day, or share my day with people who have the same job as me so understand my frustrations and joys. There were two other girls there from my agency and it was good to talk to them, to find out some of the things I do in my home are the same as them and that they have the same challenges as me. It made me feel normal. Because really, when you do a job and can't compaire yourself to anyone else, how do you know if you're always doing it right? Sure, the kids are happy, but sometimes it's the little mundane day to day things that matter, if I'm doing it the same as other homes. Do you let the kids watch tv? Do you have any biters and what do you do about it? How do you feel at the end of the day? How do you serve your meals? What do you do at quiet/nap time? Where do the kids sleep? It was REALLY GREAT! The presenters and food at the conference were good too. I ate way too much (because I have almost zero self control when it comes to food) and came home with my head full of new ideas. :)




1 comment:
That Bed is AWESOME! Glad you enjoyed your conference!
Post a Comment