Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dinosaurs Alive! Visit to the Calgary Zoo

So you obviously all know that our girl is a dino-nut. We've been wanting to take her to the new animated dinosaur exhibit at the Calgary Zoo. Knowing us we didn't really make any plans, just called up Mom and said "Hey, can we come down this Friday for a visit?"

First we had a nice couple hours talking with Gimpy and Bubbles Friday night. They brought out a bag of chips, and you could tell that Dan didn't grow up in my house because my Dad (Gimpy), my Mom (Bubbles) and I were all tearing into the chips while Dan just sat there, watching, shaking his head. :) Well, at least I know where I got my chips addiction from!

Saturday morning Dan made a trip to Bass Pro (surprise, surprise) while we got ready to go to the zoo. The exhibit at the zoo was pretty cool. Kassidy was scared at some parts because the roars of the dinosaurs were pretty loud. Dan made a comment that made me laugh. "How do they know that they roared? Maybe T-Rex's meowed like a kitty." When he says stuff like that it reminds me why I married him. :)

We got to witness a pretty cool thing there too. There was a new male tiger being introduced. He was in the pen with another tiger, I think it was a female. The male wanted to play. Imagine how little cats play - pouncing, jumping, swatting with their paws, sneaking up on each other. Well this HUGE male tiger was doing that to the female. And the female wanted nothing to do with him so she actually swatted at him and they roared at each other! Writing it does no justice to how cool it was to witness. I mean most of the times you see tigers at the zoo they are just lying there, sleeping. They did this twice - the roaring - and then I remembered I could record it - too late. But I did record the male a bit so you could picture it in your head.


I swear, when you have a kid all you need is a rock, and you've got hours of entertainment. Here's a video of Kassidy doing her tricks.





She said this one was too loud, it scared her, so she covered her ears.


Apparantly THIS T-Rex isn't scary, because it's a mommy and her baby.






Kassidy said this was a baby hammertail, so it wasn't scary either.


And off to the regular part of the zoo:






Dan has a way with animals, I guess!

1 comment:

Chrissy and Brian said...

Kassidy is such a cutie! Great pics!