Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

....and my camera wasn't charged. Agggh!

What an absolutely fabulous weekend Kassidy and I had!!

Well, first off I should mention that today was Dan's 14th day of working 11 hour shifts. Poor guy is bagged. So that's why we haven't been at the lake and Dan didn't get to enjoy these fun things with us:

Saturday Kassidy and I went to the Ardrossan Parade and Picnic. I'd never been before, and I don't know why, because it was so much fun! Kassidy spent 30 minutes looking for her day home friend, and was rewarded when she found him just before the parade started. So the two of them waved and made mad dashes for candy to fill their bags. Then Kassidy and I shared a corn dog, fries and pop (perfect 'fair' food!). We saw a honey bee display (that was really cool, we both liked it), petted some bunnies (still her favourite animal), got to ride a pony (one of her day home friends is a horse fanatic, and it's rubbing off on Kass. She LOVED riding the horse!), shared some double chocolate ice-cream, and went in a jumpy castle. The jumpy castle was kinda crazy. A couple minutes into her jumping the generator stopped working and the castle started deflating VERY quickly. It was a mad dash to get our kids out, and one little girl just sat there so the operator had to dive in to get her. Very exciting! :)

Today I felt bummed because I'm missing doing things with Dan, especially so since today is Father's Day, and I also felt bad for him working. But I am the ultimate "find free family fun" gal and before church this morning I was scowering the internet for activities. I found that Northlands Race Track was having a family fun day. Everything was either $1 or free. Face painting, pony rides, rock painting, petting zoo, jumpy castles....then we made the short walk over to Borden Park and went into a wading pool (with her church dress on!) and got a creamcicle to cool off. :) Kass fell asleep on the way home, and I carried her into the house.

Then when Dan got home, the cutest thing ever: Dan got into his John Deere Tractor with wagon pulled behind, and Kassidy got into her John Deere Gator with dump box behind, and they drove over to the neighbour's house, one behind the other, to get wood. Dan filled his trailer with big logs, and Kassidy filled her Gator with little sticks. Then back home they drove to throw their wood into our woodpile, each doing their own load.

And from all that....no pictures because I didn't charge my camera. DOH!!!

No comments: