From Dan's side, Grandma Kim (Dan's Mom), and Grandma and Grandpa Cassidy (Dan's grandparents). They came for the day.
From my side, Granny Bubbles and Grandpa Gimpy (my parents). They stayed overnight camping.
The weather was disappointing on Saturday. Windy, cloudy and chilly. When the sun would come out it was warm, but it didn't happen often. On the positive side, it didn't rain!! :) And Kassidy had FIVE grandparents, whom she all adores immensly, to dote on her all day.
And, of course, the day we are leaving we wake up to beautiful blue skies. What a gorgeous day today was. We did lots of playing at the beach.
Dan and his grandpa, going for a quick fishing trip. While they were out they saw a bear on shore, not far from the campground. I'm glad I didn't see it. Out of sight, out of mind. Well, it did cross my mind as I made a middle-of-the-night trip to the outhouse with my little flashlight, all alone. ;)
Getting going on the presents!
Serving some tea.
Enjoying a birthday hamburger.
The T-Rex birthday cake. It was from a grocery store in Boyle. I just looked them up on line and called to order, and it was delicious!
The cake sparkler.
Kassidy's reaction after Dan put a smear of icing on her face.
More icing, thanks to Dad. :)
Thumbs up, good cake!
An evening boat ride with Gimpy and Bubbles. Yes, of course, the sky cleared up and got blue at night.
Kassidy holding a frog we found on the beach. We put it in the water to watch it swim. It was pretty neat to watch.
Kassidy waiting in line for the waterslide. The first time she went down I ran beside her, holding her hands. I can just imagine how stupid I looked, especially with the few near-face plants I missed making. :) Next time she said she wanted to go herself, so I pushed her, and Dan got her at the bottom crying.
So from then on it was me and Kassidy sliding together. I'm glad, because I loved it! I even screamed on my way down. Haha. Boy those hard packed sand bumps were hard on the rear-end though.
So then I got wiser and got a tube to ride down on. Much more cushier!
Kassidy on her kick-boat.
She's doing pretty good!




No comments:
Post a Comment