Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

YAY, it's done!

Happy Thanksgiving indeed! Kassidy went for her yearly check up with Dr Dick about her hip. This time last year I was confident she was going for surgery. But we got by another year without it. He said we would let it be and just see how the hip grows. I remember looking at the x-ray last year, and even to my untrained eye I knew it looked weird. This year we went through the same drill again. We got the xray done (she was very nervous this year - didn't understand how a doctor could take a picture of her bones without taking her skin off - so she brought a couple of t-rex's with her for support) and my non-doctor eye could see something different. As soon as I saw it my mind lit up. It looked pretty darn good and pretty darn normal! So we waited to see the doctor, and sure enough, he said "The hip is really coming along nicely. It's almost exactly where we need it to be." He did some flexibility tests with her, and then said "Looks good. Unless something comes up that you guys are worried about, we won't need to do anymore check ups." SWEEEEEET!!!

God answers prayer. It may not be in the time line that we expected, but He does answer it. In His time. It makes me think of a worship song my mom used to listen to when I was growing up "In His time. In His time. He makes all things beautiful, in His time."

I think we should plan a party. :)

No comments: