Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

thankful

Every so often I have one of those days where it takes everything I've got to keep my cool. Not to yell. Some days all the kids show up grumpy and for the entire day they whine, and fight over toys, and get into arguments. My mind is a whirlwind of solutions, problem solving for children. Helping them develop their own way to solve issues. Teaching them not to yell, not to hit, not to say unkind words. Don't stand on chairs. Sit at the table until you are done. Who had the toy first? What is a better way to ask them for it back instead of screaming? Use your manners.

Today was one of those days, and instead of focusing on it, I wanted to write a blog expressing all the things I am thankful for.

  • I get to spend every day with my girl and experience all of who she is. The good and the bad. :)
  • The joy I see in kids faces when they learn a new skill.
  • The impromptu "I Love You, Miss Angie" that I get from time to time. (Even today being a challenging one, I still got three I love you's!!)
  • Work comes to me.
  • I don't have to commute.
  • In bad weather, I don't have to leave the house.
  • Kassidy is making some wonderful friends, who will even be going to kindergarten with her next year. Mabye the will be life-long pals!
  • I have an awesome set of families who all respect me, just as I respect them.
  • Not only are the kids learning every day, but I am too. New ways to entertain them and be a better provider.
  • Those days that are blow away wonderful. When the kids are all happy and play like angels.
  • The odd day that I have fewer kids and we can go out to do cool things, like hikes at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre or a visit to the museum.
  • When kids fight over who gets to sit on my lap at story time, and once we have it organized, they fight over who gets to sit next to me. :)
  • The moments that make me smile or laugh out loud.

I'm sure if I sat here longer I could think of more items to add, but for now.....

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh That felt good. :) I feel better now.

No comments: