Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Mmmmm.....dirt!

As I was getting ready Monday morning I was listening to Kassidy play and talk to herself in the living room. I then heard a crash. Not a big one, but enough to warrant an investigation. I went in to the room and found Kassidy had knocked over one of my vases in an attempt to get at the dirt in my plant. Little stinker! She had dirt in her mouth, along with a few dead leaves she was munching on. Maybe I'm too laid back, but I laughed and had to take a picture before I got her cleaned up. You can see from this picture that she was quite proud of her accomplishment. In a strange sort of way I was proud of her too.


We had a wonderful weekend in Calgary. Dan, Kassidy and I showed up at my parents around 9:30pm Friday night. Saturday my younger brother and his family arrived. Dan spent most of the time on my parents computer, because he couldn't get enough of that high speed connection. Or was he hiding from his in-laws?? : ) Kassidy went down for a good afternoon nap in preparation for the party later that night. And what a party it was! My older brother got married. It was a joining of two families (ie: kids on both sides) and it was one of the nicest ceremonies I've seen. They had their kids standing up with them, and even the little three year old made it through the entire thing. Near the end the J.P. had the family form a circle, with each parent inviting the other's children into their lives. It got me a bit choked up. After the ceremony there was the dance, and Kassidy LOVED it. I didn't go up to dance with her, buy my Mom and Jodi took her. When she wasn't on the dance floor I had her dancing in my lap. We left around 9:30pm as she was getting sleepy. When we got home we put her in the pac-n-play, and she was out like a light. It warmed my heart.

Sunday morning my sister and her family + my newly married brother & some of his family came to my parents for breakfast. My Mom put on a huge spread. It was delicious. And once again I had a wonderful time. I love it when the whole family can get together like that. It gets harder to do as our families grow so I relish each time it happens and hold it close to my heart. Jodi set up the camera to take a family picture. I can't wait to see it!

Yesterday was Kassidy's pre-op appointment. That little tiger cat has grown to 19lbs 6oz! She's still the same length (27") so all that new weight is in her belly. : ) I love her belly. The appointment made me feel shatty though. Less than two weeks away to her surgery. I called the surgeons office to see if they had any information for us. Like: can Dan and I stay over night with her? Do we need to bring anything? How long will she be in there? Can we get a special car seat? etc etc etc. They really don't tell you much. I guess they have one cot in the room so Dan will either have to go home, rent a hotel near by, or see if they can accomodate two people in the room. Stupid. She has her booked for two nights at the hospital but she can stay longer if it's needed. I'm starting to feel sick about it and can't think about much else. It's consuming my mind.

No comments: