Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

update

I haven't posted on Kassidy's DDH lately. You know, her hip thing. Went to the doctor today and was hoping the cast would come off. Guess being positive is a waste of time. It's not coming off. It's being changed in two weeks and then will be on for another six weeks. That takes us to end of September/beginning of October. Yes, I'm bitter. Yes, I'm angry. Disappointed. Frustrated. Sad. Kassidy is 12 months old. She was in a diaper splint for 3 months and a cast for 4.5 months. That means out of her 12 months of life she's had 4.5 months where she could move and do whatever she wanted. And I could dress her how I wanted. And I could put a diaper on her like a normal baby. And I could bounce her on my lap. And I could take her swimming. Put her in a stroller. In a high chair. In a bed without propping up her legs. Too many things to list. I just want her to be 'normal'. I'm sick and tired of this and am done with being positive about it. Anyone need some beautiful summer dresses and shorts? Or how about a blow up pool? Apparantly she won't be needing any of those things this year. I'm on a bit of a pity trip. Sorry. I'm just really fed up.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey Angie, I decided to send my comment to this post by email instead, so check there.

BethJoy said...

I am sorry to hear this Angie. You have every right to feel sad, frustrated, disappointed! ~ I don't know what to say, because saying "it will be for the better in the future", you know that already and it doesn't change TODAY! Just keep doing the things you CAN do with her and have as much fun doing those things so you don't spend this moment in time feeling too much sadness. My prayers are with all of you.