What a perfect day at the hospital. Our wait time to see a nurse (for prep work) was only about 5 minutes. After the nurse did her prep we waited for maybe another 10 minutes before being ushered into the other waiting room, where the anesthesiologist (sp?) met us to go over things. About 15 minutes later I was in the surgery room with Kassidy and she was being put to sleep. An hour later I was greeted with pretty much half a cast! He put it on so that it stops just above her knees and is lower on her body so I can see her cute belly. What a difference it makes carrying her. So much lighter! And, to top it off, we were outa there by 10 am. That's a record! There is more positive things, but I don't want to say anything else and jinx it. I feel like we're on an uphill climb now, which I've felt before only to have those feelings dashed, so we don't want to do anything to mess it up this time. : )
The doctor went with another colour today - red. It's something new and different. The only hard part of the day was that Kassidy, this time, remembered the drill and was pretty upset when the nurses were trying to attend to her. Poor nurses have a tough job, all those kids not liking them. : )
AND - thanks for the positive thoughts. They worked. I woke up this morning feeling good about the day, and was even singing along with the radio on some of the drive in. (Only some of the way because Jodi offered to come with me this morning and I didn't want to subject her to my lovely singing voice. No point in punishing her when she's doing me a big favour.)

Someone has discovered the tupperware cupboard!
3 comments:
If that second picture isn't joy personified, I don't know what is. : )
Glad things went well! Her cast looks cute above her knees. Looks like shorts!
What a cutie getting into the tupperware!! She looks so thrilled :) She is being just like every other 12 month old, she just gets to wear a cool colored 'outfit' every day, and the 'shorts' look great! Must be cooler for her legs right now!!
Post a Comment