Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy FIRST birthday my beautiful, sweet, enchanting, goofy, brilliant little Kassidy.

It's been a while since I've posted anything and I thought what better day to post again than today - Kassidy's FIRST birthday! I'm so proud of my little girl. She has so much patience and love inside that little body of hers. I can't imagine my life without her now. When she is napping I miss her. I think about her constantly.

Watching her grow, not only does she have her Daddy's looks but also his goofy personality. People say she has my eyes, and I'm sure they are right, but I don't see it, probably just because they are mine. She obviously has my ears. : )

This past week, with her birthday approaching, it caused me to stop and reflect on what this past year has meant for me. I can honestly say, without a doubt or ounce of hesitation, that it has been the best year of my life. (Excuse me, I'm tearing up as I write this! lol). I have so many fond memories, such as going to New Mom group meetings, play dates, walks, salsa classes, walking around the track at Millenium Place, going to the library, and even such normal things as walking through the mall together brings me so much joy to think back to.

It's been a year of tremendous emotional upheaval as well. I go from being exstatic and full of joy, to full of despair. Having her go through all her procedures to correct her DDH has been terribly hard. Sleepless nights, worrying, feelings of jealousy when I see other babies her age doing things she can't. But I also know that this won't be a permanant thing and once it's fixed then I'll have another 50 years of enjoying my perfect little girl and I probably won't remember much of the hard parts of this year - only the good things. (Thanks for that advice, Crystal.) : )

This past year I've grown closer to family. My sister and I have probably spent more time together this past year than we have in the entire 15 years before. It feels good. My brother moved to Edmonton and I've got to know my sister in law more. My Mom and I have gotten closer also. I guess in a nutshell, I've realized much more how important my family is to me and how much I love them.

This past year has helped me slow down and enjoy the more simple things in life, and realize my job is just that - a job. I'm hoping that realization will help me not get caught up in the day to day drama of work. That when I come home and see my sweet pea's eyes I'll forget about the things that made me angry that day.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not wearing rose coloured glasses. I know she will grow up and test me. In fact, I have a incident engrained in my mind, something I saw at Suzie Sheir a month ago. A teenage girl shopping with her mother. The daughter comes out of the change room, all sullen and angry. The mom says "So, did you like the pants?" The girl replies "NO! I TOLD you mom, I don't LIKE it when the shorts go below my knees! You never listen to me!". The mom, staying calm, replies "Well, why don't you look around a bit more and see if there is something else you like?" to which the daughter replies "Whatever. I'll wait outside the store for you."

That will come in time. : )

Thank you for the wonderful, perfect year you have given me, Kassidy. I love you more than words can describe.




2 comments:

Lindsey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASSIDY!

Those pictures are all so great! I love the one in the boat - so precious!

RainbowBrite said...

Happy Brithday Kassidy