So we had her appointment today. Dr says the hip is still not right. We're supposed to just let her be a kid and grow and he will see her in another six months. He said with some kids it corrects itself and with others they need further surgery. I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst (since from what I understand her DDH was quite severe) but at the same time am trying not to think about it. I'd like to not have to think about it anymore.
So. That's that.
If you pray, then pray this next six months that her hip corrects itself.
On another, related note, we had a looooong wait again today at the hospital. The doctor was on time, but we had to wait for 90 minutes in the x-ray department! Can you imagine, entertaining a 17 month old for 90 minutes in a room with no toys and a dirty floor? I must admit, Kassidy did a wonderful job and I was very proud of how she behaved (no yelling at me! haha), but what came of it was when we got back to the doctor, his assistant comment about how long we had to wait, and had already convieniently written down the patient concerns phone number for me to call. She said they are trying to get it fixed and the more people who call the better. So I did. I was nice, but made my point. So we'll see what comes of it. Maybe I will have helped orchestrate a better system for future families. Cool!
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




1 comment:
I hope that everything goes well. I know how much it sucks to wait in the hospital I couldn't imagine doing it with a kid.
I remember Chrissy saying that Kassidy really liked Abby's fake little cell phone, well I got another couple from work so if you would like one for Kassidy just let Chrissy or Brian know and I will bring it to church for you :D
Post a Comment