Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 15, 2007

this and that

I don't have anything specific to write about, but figured it was time to update my blog, so here we are!

First off, I have to say that I am SO excited about Christmas this year. Every single day I feel giddy with anticipation. I feel like a little kid again. And it's not so much that I have a little girl who will be 17 months old. It's more so that I get to spend Christmas with my entire immediate family. My parents, Dan's Mom, two brothers, a sister, and all of our kids, together, from Dec 22-23. And we are also hosting a Christmas dinner on the 25th and that also has me very excited! I love my family and love that I get to spend time with them.

My husband has me laughing. He has his snowmobile, that he is enjoying and I'm happy for him, but he has the idea to build a cooker on it. Him and his friends figure the motor gets so hot when riding, so why not build a griddle on it so that you can cook some meat while you are driving....and when you stop for a break you can enjoy a hot piece of deer sausage. haha! I love it. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

Today we introduced Kassidy to snow. We suited her up and I plopped her down in it. She didn't quite know what to make of it so didn't do or say much. Then Dan rigged up the sled behind his snowmobile, I sat in it and held Kassidy while he pulled us around the yard. She LOVED it. Even more so when Dan would go faster or over a little bump. I think it made Daddy proud to have a little girl who likes the snow and things that go fast.

On a bit more serious note....she has her next Dr Dick appt this Tuesday and I'm starting to get my pre-visit jitters. Feeling a bit overwhelmed and nervous. I'm sure it will go fine, but just from our past experiences it's not a happy place for us to go. And I'm kind of nervous about something I've seen in her walking (while I'm holding her hands - she's not quite on her own yet, but close!) but am trying to put it in the back of my mind and chalk it up to over-anxious parent syndrome. : )

If I don't blog again before Christmas....I hope everyone has a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I love you all and love all the support you have given us this past year. God Bless You!

No comments: