I still can't quite believe it. I like my job and the people I work with, but since having Kassidy my heart wasn't in it. It wasn't an easy decision, but my heart told me it was the right thing to do. Now you know me, I'm pretty practical so I didn't just follow my heart. Oh yes, I made a list of pros and cons. Did you expect anything different from me? It's weird though because I completely thought that would be the company I would retire from. I'd be one of those people who are there for 25 years and people go "wow, I can't believe someone would stay here that long!". But a little red head changed my mind. It was hard for me to tell my boss because I felt like I was letting him and the company down. But I know he understood. He has kids of his own and is a very strong family man so even though he looked shell shocked when I told him, I think he understands. I'm just glad the telling part is over because man was my stomach doing flip-flops and I was all sweaty and my heart was racing!
What's new on my plate? I'm opening a day home. I have two kiddies signed up so far and want one more. Tomorrow night I have another interview with a lady and her little girl. (So far my house will be full of girls!). I know it will be a challenge, but I'm ready for it. I'm ready to be a 'housewife'. I'm also becoming registered and licensed. That way I can get some of the perks the government is handing out. Free money? Why not! Plus this organization will, over the course of a year, get me my level one child care.
There will always be insurance to fall back on, right? :)
So, here I go, diving in!
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




2 comments:
I am so happy for you Angie! You are going to do a great job! Those little kiddies are so lucky!
Holy cow!!! Good for you! I'm always for anyone joining in on leaving the insurance game! That's awesome for you! You'll love it!
Post a Comment