Well it was another long morning! It's getting more and more difficult to keep that little girl entertained when we have to wait so long in a room with no toys. However she was as good as could be. :) We got in at 10 and were sent to the x-ray department, where we waited for 45 minutes. When our name was called she wanted to walk so the nurse pushed her stroller for me, and Kassidy got upset because I think she thought the lady was taking it. haha. When we got in the room we laid her down on the bed and got her stripped down. This is the part where she usually started crying, but not this time! She thought it was a game. The nurses (or techs) kept talking to her, explaining what they were doing, and even poking her to make her laugh. Maybe because of that, her understanding what people were doing, made it easier? I didn't even have to sit in the room with her! I went behind the counter and watched the image of her little hips pop up on the screen. That may not have been a good thing though as I could clearly see that the left hip wasn't sitting the same as the right. It was a noticeable distance apart. Anyway, after the x-ray Kassidy spotted me through the window, pointed, and yelled "MOMMY!". After the x-ray we went back to the pediatrics clinic where we got to wait some more. Thank goodness this room had lots of toys! By 11:45 we were ushered into a room where we waited a short while more. Now for the grand finale: The doctor wanted to check her hips, another procedure that usually ended in tears and trying to get away, but again, she was OK with it this time! The dr did his pushes and stretches on her little legs, rotating them this way and that, and she laughed. I asked her if she was doing her exercises and she said "ya". But were not out of the woods. Dr said the hips are still developing and are still not right (which like I mentioned I wasn't surprised to hear after seeing the x-ray). The positive of all of this is he wants to give her another 7 to 8 months for her to grow and develop, to see if everything fixes itself. So we have another few months reprieve, until Jan or Feb.
I'm emtionally spent right now. Even woke up with a cold sore. I know it was just an appointment, but it's like that Pavlov's Dog thing...where if you keep doing something and get negative results, afer a while you become scared to do it. That's me. I know this may sound dramatic, but I even felt like I might pass out when I was in there. But we have another while until we have to worry about it, so until then, let's forget about it!
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




1 comment:
Glad everything went well and Kassidy was a trooper!
Post a Comment