Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

glorious!

If you know me really well, you know I like being by myself a lot. So being surrounded by people (kids) all day is a challenge for me. A welcome challenge, and much better than the alternative (working out of the home) but it makes me appreciate my time alone even more. This afternoon I had the best time I've had in ages. I went to a coffee shop, ordered a large tea, sat in a big black leather chair, and read my book. For an hour and a half. Pure glory.

My Kassidy had quite the bump the other day. We were in our driveway, walking towards the Jeep. She was behind me so I didn't have my eyes on her. All of a sudden I heard a "CRACK!" I quickly turned around an found Kassidy face down on the pavement. She had an immediate goose-egg on her pretty little forehead. I don't know if she tripped or if our dog Brutus knocked her down, but either way I know that her head caught her fall. I was a typical nervous mom and made a couple of calls to health link to make sure I was doing the right things. She is fine. Has a nasty bruise, but it doesn't bother her. It never ceases to amaze me how resiliant kids are!

No comments: