Five kids. My goodness! I wasn't prepared for that.
I'm watching a friend's boy for a few days while they go on vacation so had one extra today. So my day involved a nine month old boy, 20 month old girl, my Kassidy (27 months) and two three year olds, one boy and one girl.
I learned a lesson. Three year olds play WAY different than two year olds. Most of you are probably thinking "well, duh!" but I honestly didn't know it was that different. The two three year olds, once they warmed up to each other, spent the entire day entertaining each other. Playing make beleive and not getting into a single fight. (Although I'm sure if they spent more time together they would find things to fight about. I'm not that nieve.) They were extremely loud, but they were happy so I let them be. Of course though, on one of my loudest days, the dayhome agency decided to come out for a visit and review! Oh well, she can't say they weren't happy and entertained. :)
I hate to say that my Kassidy was the worst behaved. She's got a bit of a cold (yes, mother's make excuses for their children!) so was busy throwing tantrums and being a general grump. I felt bad that I wasn't able to give her the attention she obviously needed me to give her, but it's a balancing act, you know? Of course she gets the odd extra cuddle and kiss the others might not get, but because she's my daughter I think I'm probably more strict with her too. Poor little muffin. Hopefully she gets over her cold soon. Luckily tomorrow I just have Kassidy and the boy I'm watching overnight, so it will be like a day off! We can even stay in our PJ's all day if we want. (Haha, yeah right. If you know me I could never do that. I always have to get myself ready every morning 'just in case'.)
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




1 comment:
Sounds like kind of a fun day. Just think two 3 year olds even if they were misbehaving is better than grown adults in the corporate world acting like 3 year olds!
Post a Comment