Yesterday the kids were having a good time running around the house playing. It was pretty crazy and loud, but they were having fun so I let them be. They were down the hall and I was in the kitchen. Kassidy then walked into the room and plopped herself down on a chair in the living room. I walked over to her and said "Are you OK, Kassidy?", to which she replied "No, I not OK". woah. This kid is having a real conversation with me!! So I venture on. "What's wrong?" I ask. To which Kassidy replies "I angry." I ask her why she is angry, and she says "No, not angry. I mad." OK, so you are mad. I ask her why is is mad and she says "Because...because...." and it stops there. I walked away from that just floored. It was my first real conversation with my daughter, where I ask her questions and she tells me how she is feeling! It still has a little ways to go to fully express herself, but wow. It's just weird, that's all. I keep watching the 3 year olds I'm taking care of and can't imagine Kassidy being that BIG in just another 9 months!
1 comment:
I hear ya. It's unreal.
Now that Kassidy's starting to express, here's an idea (take it or leave it): I have a blank book that I have just for the boys tales'... things they say (unreal what comes up in their heads and out of their mouths) and crazy things they do. It's really fun to write it all down and look back because, as you know, it's all a fast blur from here. : )
Post a Comment