Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 8, 2009

is she really that big?

Am I the only mother that sees their kids as smaller than they really are....or is it a problem with all parent's eyesight? I decided to go through some clothes I had stashed away of Kassidy's, pulling out things that might fit her. I spotted the cutest jumpsuit that I thought looked like it would fit a girl MUCH older than MY girl. But I thought I should check just to be sure. And sure enough, it fit. Serious? How is that possible? When she put it on my eyes told me she was tiny. But then when I took them off again the jumpsuit looked huge again. Maybe it's a magic jumpsuit. We'll see....I pulled out more GIANT pants for her to try. Maybe they'll all be magic too.

I know I haven't blogged about Christmas. I'm a slacker. It was a great holiday. I ended up having two weeks off because of kids being sick and parents having time off. Dan's Mom, Grandma and Grandpa all came down on Christmas Eve and spent the night. They all helped get Kassidy excited about Santa coming, and the next morning the six of us all sat around the tree and a blazing fire Dan had made to open the presents. Later in the day my sister came by with her family and helped us eat some goodies and open more presents. My parents also came by in the afternoon and stayed overnight. Then in the evening my brother came by with his family to help us eat dinner and open even MORE presents. Everyone left on Boxing day and I was sad to see them go. Yes, it was very busy and lots of people in our home, but I loved every moment of it! I'm so happy that my girl has such a loving extended family to be a part of.

We took Kassidy for her first tobogganing ride last weekend and she loved it. The three of us got on the quad and Dan pulled the GT snow racer behind us till we got to the hill by our mailboxes. Kassidy and I sat on the racer together and went down the hill, and she laughed and screamed! I've always hated tobogganing, but for some reason when you do it with your daughter it is pure delight. When we go to the bottom of the hill Kassidy hopped on the quad with Dan and he ran her back to the top of the hill while I walked up. (For the exercise!)

Here are some Christmas pictures:

Kassidy telling Great Grandpa Cassidy about the fish that got away:

Kassidy's new Gator (she's too afraid to make it 'go' after crashing her snowmobile):

Hiding in one of her Christmas bags:

Opening her stocking:

Opening her present from Santa (a princess barbie):

Two pretty cousins:

Dan helping out in the kitchen...perfect!

Opening her princess dress up clothes. Notice the paparatzi surrounding her. :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I agree with you on the clothing thing! I look at outfits that I think might fit Connor, but when I check the tag it's 12M or 18M when he's at least a size 2.

I don't know if it's deceiving or that we just picture our kids as babies. Sigh...