Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

swimming with toddlers

Kassidy started her Tiny Tot's 3 swimming lessons last night. She loved it and whenever we go I always feel bad that I don't take her more often. But that's not the point of this blog. Up till now every lesson we've gone to has had kids 18 months or younger in the change room. So there were lots of smiling faces and easily consoled children. Last night opened my eyes to a whole new world. The room was full of moms and their kids aged 2 and up. And the scene was more "Tommy! Get back here right now!" "Jill, I TOLD you to put your socks on!" "Sam, why aren't you dressed yet?" etc etc. Thinking back it makes me laugh. I'm sure the parents weren't laughing, and some of them probably just got off a long day of work so had short fuses, but what a difference going from baby-hood to toddler-hood! I'm actually looking forward to our next lesson just to observe the chaos again.

Silly me didn't bother checking if Kassidy's swim suit still fit her until the night before her lesson. And I couldn't justify the gas to drive into town that night just to buy a $20 swim suit. (The economy has affected our family and job situations...but that's another story.) But luckily all the kids in my care were picked up on time last night and I was able to zip to Zellers before her lesson and pick out a bathing suit both of us really like. It's a two piece. Her first one. :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, good heavens. Good thing I'm not in that change room with you guys after lessons. Observe the chaos indeed! ; )

Lindsey said...

where the picture of the cutie in her two piece?