Snowmobiling has always been a big hobby for my husband. I never really got it. Driving over an hour to get to a place that has wicked snow, only to have to sit on a machine and drive for a few hours more, and it's supposed to be fun. But I get it now! We dropped Kassidy off at her friend Liam's house at 8am today (a HUGE thank you to Liam's mom and dad) and we drove up to Boyle. A couple friends were meeting us there at his brother's house. He lives right by Skeleton Lake (and every other lake up there....it's an awesome spot for lakes, camping and fishing). Once we got going we were gone for 4 hours. I think I did pretty good for a beginner. A couple of screw ups, like going up a hill I shouldn't have (Dan said he has no idea how I got up it and I think back to it and wonder what the heck I was thinking), tipping once (I was barley moving so there were no injuries), and smashing Dan's windsheild when I tried to jump his sled. Woah, cool story hey? Well, I thought so. The real story for that last one is I was trying to go over a bump, was going slow and steady but got anxious and hit the throttle and my ski ended up on Dan's windshield. Well, at least we came home with no broken bones. :) The scariest part of the day was crossing a big lake. Pretty much in the middle of it. You betcha I was praying. I mean I trusted the people we were with, and with the guy living there I trusted he knew what lakes were safe, but still. You can't NOT imagine crashing through the ice. So I just kept my hand on the throttle as fast as I felt comfortable and prayed. :) Oh yeah, and I also went down a wrong path and after a couple of minutes of not seeing anyone (especially Dan who was sticking close by me to make sure I was OK all day) I decided to stop and wait. I could have turned around and went back but after a minute there was my knight in shining armour, racing down the path, worried about me because he didn't know where I went.
Here are some pics of us.
Me and my knight in shining armour:

Me:

Me again!:
2 comments:
ON his windshield?? Oh, Rangie. Unreal. ; ) But what wicked fun. And, boy, oh, boy, would I ever be praying the ice held too! I'm such a worry-wart, I don't even know if I could attempt it. Kudos to you!! Sounds like a really fun day. I'm glad you got a break and some fun. And a knight in shining armour. ; )
That sounds so cool.
Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment