Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

pee

I'm getting so sick of cleaning it! I'm just very frustrated so need to vent on my blog. I've been potty training Kassidy for a couple of months now and since I am home have been putting her in big girl underwear and pants and on the potty at regular intervals. She's gone potty a lot and has even had one day where she's been completely dry, but it's only because I continue to place her on the throne. So if I let a bit of time pass or don't guess the next pee in time then I end up changing her pants up to six times a day and doing laundry daily so we have clean pants to go at it the next day. I watch a few older kids who are potty trained so she has some good examples to follow....but she just doesn't get it! She continually comes to me with a wet bottom, saying "Mommy, I peed". OK, thank you for telling me Kassidy, but you have to tell me BEFORE your underwear gets wet, not after. I know she won't be wearing diapers when she's 20, but goodness sakes it's starting to make me feel like I'm doing something wrong when I hear so much about 'in the old days kids were potty trained at 1'. Serious??? I can't even see how that is possible. I know I shouldn't give into the pressure of having kids trained by the time they are 3...I should do things at her pace, but it's really hard to not feel the pressure when society turns their noses up at older kids in diapers. Oh if an older person saw her wearing a diaper AND sucking her fingers....my my my.....

2 comments:

BethJoy said...

I know it can be frustrating, but try not to pressure her or YOURSELF too much! I know some people try and train their kids as infants, but that is not for everyone to be that determined. You are right she won't be 20 and in diapers!! If it doesn't seem to be working, or did but not again, take a break and try again in a few weeks or so! Good luck fellow mommy :)

Lindsey said...

I hear you. She's doing better than Connor. I tried the same thing - underwear only and regular trips to the potty. He's gone ONCE on the potty, just by chance. half the time he won't even sit on it. We've got some poop in there because I rip down his pants and stick him on when I hear him start to grunt. He holds it all day until he's in bed then lets it all go I figure it's not good training and not good for his bladder. If that's not the trick, then it's the same as Kassidy. He goes in his pants then sounds panicked, "Mommy, I need to go pee!" Uh, no you don't. You already did! I'm so frustrated and I'm kind of embarrassed that he's still in pull-ups. I hate it so much. I wish he was in daycare full time and they could train him. i swear it's easier to train other people's kids. Wanna trade?