Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

slack slack slack

I haven't blogged in forever. Things are great, just seems I've lost my nack for making full sentances and forming stories. Guess kids do that to you. :)

Kassidy is doing pretty good at potty training. Still won't tell me when she has to go but does great at holding it till I put her on the potty. She usually has one or two accidents a day but I know we'll get there eventually. I've decided to keep her in big girl underwear (we call them potty panties) and pants during the day so she gets used to the way it should be. Means more laundry, but if I guage how much she drank and when she should need to go potty it's not too bad.

Dan is doing well at work. He's back at the job he was at last year, SRS (Specialized Rigging Services) as the General Forman. I'm pretty proud of him. It's not easy being supervisor to a crew of men, especially when you are only 31 and lots of them are older than him, and it did take some learning but I think he has done awesome. He just has a natural ability to talk to people, to make them feel listened to and that their opinion counts. I think that is a great quality of his.

I love that Kassidy is learning to dress herself now. Some days when I don't have patience for "No, I do it!" it gets a bit draining, but I know it's all part of her learning and growing. It's great when she has an 'accident' and I tell her to go sit on the potty (just in case there is more in there) and I just have to place a pair of underwear and pants next to her and she puts them on herself. OK sure I have to make sure they were put on right, but if they weren't we just laugh and fix it.

I got to go see the musical Annie a few weeks ago and loved it. That movie sticks out in my head as an all time favourite when I was a kid. I could watch it over and over and over and over again. During the musical it was hard to keep my mouth shut from singing along with the actors. :)

I'm sure there is more new stuff to tell you but my mind is jelly. Maybe I need to get out for some adult conversation or read a stimulating book. :) So that's all for now.

No comments: