Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

awww man!

Got my first speeding ticket. :( I'm really upset about this! It was photo radar so nothing against my license, but STILL! I'm the cautious driver in the family. I'm the one that says to my husband "don't you think you should slow down?" when he's going 70 in a 50 zone. My ticket is for going 53 in a playground zone...so should have been going 30. So I THOUGHT I wasn't speeding (other than going 3km/hr over), but I guess I have to brush up on my playground zone rules. Now that I think about it (without checking the manual) isn't it something like from first sunlight to last sunlight the rule applies? Hm. Glad I think about that now. haha. Now, honestly, what do you think will happen next time Dan is speeding and I tell him he should slow down? Do you think he'll sit quietly back? Doubt it. I can see the 'ol "well I'm not the one who got a ticket" card coming out. *Phhhhht*

I was starting to get a little nervous about those fires. I feel terrible for all those people north of us who's homes have been threatend and it brought it a bit closer to home when yesterday a fire broke out at Cooking Lake, which is near us. We are on RR213 and this broke out on RR201. When I woke up this morning the sky was thick with smoke and I could see the heavy haze lying over Antler Lake behind us (which is just accross from Cooking Lake). But as the day went on the smoke cleared so I think it's OK now. It sure does get your mind thinking about 'what if' though.

Dan bought us a new fishing boat! He got it off Kijiji for $850. A small aluminum boat. We are hoping to sell our old one for around $500 so won't be too far out. It's almost identical to our old boat except it is wider and deeper, so we can go in rougher water and feel safe and I'll feel more safe sitting down a bit further.

Ciao for now. :)

1 comment:

BethJoy said...

aww, I thought it was 40 in school zones, I guess I need a refresher too! Yesterday I was in the school zone by my house going 40, no other vehicles and then out of nowhere this truck was speeding on my rear, trying to get me to go faster!! And what do ya know I was speeding by going 40 and didn't know it. He wanted to go even faster, and it was 1pm on a school day too.
Congrats on the boat!