Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 26, 2007

bliss

Dan and I both had perfect days. Funny thing is we spent them apart. haha.

My day: Kassidy hasn't fallen asleep on my chest since she was six months old. Until today. She woke from her afternoon nap, crying. She had been sleeping for 2 1/2 hours so I thought she was done, and maybe just woke from a bad dream or that her teeth were bothering her. (She's working on her third molar.) So I brought her out to the living room and I cuddled her on the couch, thinking she would settle down. But she kept rubbing her eyes and crying big alligator tears. So I took her back to her bedroom and we cuddled in the rocking chair. And she fell asleep. I closed my eyes for a while also, trying to soak up every moment, knowing that I may not get a day like this again for a very long time. She woke about 20 minutes later and we talked for a while. Then she got her wiggles on so off to the living room to play. Perfect. : )

Dan's day: he caught some Walleye! He went fishing at Pigeon Lake with our friends Pam and Troy. All three of them got special tags for Walleye this year (they were only selling a select number of them) and they all caught their limit. They cleaned them all in our garage so Kassidy got to see them, and touch them. And we feasted on some of it tonight. Sooooo goooooood! It doesn't even taste like fish.

And that is our perfect day.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

A 2.5 hour nap??!? That's enough to make a perfect day right there!
Glad you got a good cuddle moment... we gotta enjoy it while it lasts.