Kassidy had her appointment today with Dr Dick. Still not healed. The cast is off, but now she is back in the diaper splint. She has to stay in it 24hours a day, except to change or bath her. That sounds great, right? It probably is, but I still feel shitty. To me it's no different than the cast. She still limited to dragging herself around by her arms, can't go in her highchair, can't teach her to walk yet, and I have to go through all her clothes again to see what will fit her in this new contraption. Pull out long pants (because they ride up), and wider dresses.
It was a long day too. The appt was at 9:30 am and we got home at 2pm. X-ray: she cried. Dr visit: she cried. Getting fit for the splint: she cried. I'm feeling a little emotionally drained right now. Resigned also. Just 'blah'.
We go back to the doctor in three to four weeks.
I got to pick the ribbon to put on her splint though! It's a red splint, and I got a pink ribbon that says "Princess" all over it, with little pink crowns. : )
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




2 comments:
Yay for the cast coming off! I can't wait to see the new Princess splint!
My cousin was in the diaper splint when she was a baby. She never had a cast though. How is Kassidy with the splint?
Well I will keep praying for healing for her and for your strength continuing through this!
Post a Comment