Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

What a fun filled day! In the morning we visited my granny, Kassidy's 'old' granny. Jodi and Kassidy's cousin Isaac met us there. I think Granny really liked seeing the kids dressed up. She even escorted us down to our vehicles. I think she was proud and wanted to show off her family....even though she would never say it.



A stop at Old Navy to shop, where once again, I didn't buy anything for myself, but HAD to buy a new shirt for Kassidy.

Then home for a nap. That didn't go so well. I shouldn't have stopped at Old Navy because T-Cat ended up falling asleep in the car on the ride home, so when I brought her in for a nap she didn't sleep. Just talked and talked and talked. (Shoot.)

In the evening Kassidy's little friend Allison surprised us with a visit! We were really happy to see them.


After the visit I took Kassidy around to some neighbours. Just four houses - and look at her loot!!


So, about halloween. I had spent some loving time putting together loot bags filled with Rice Krispy Squares, Fruit Gummy things, erasers, Tootsie Rolls, and Nibs. I thought it was a pretty good handout and was pretty proud of myself! The first kid who comes to my door, after I place my bag of loot in his bag, says "Is that it?" I am shocked and give him my best 'adult is ticked off' look. You know - raised eyebrows - and say "Well, I can take it back if it's not good enough for you" where he promptly replies, as he's walking away, "no no, I was just kidding". Mmmm. Don't think so buddy. Nice try. Later on I'm redeemed when another kid says "Wow, Rice Krispies!" So I give her an extra bag. : ) We didn't have many kids this year, but I think it's because our three neighbours accross the street from us had all their lights out so when you looked down our road it looked pretty black. Two girls that came by were on a quad. I thought that was a great idea! Most kids get escorted around by their parents in vehicles around here.

Hope everyone had a safe and fun night!

No comments: