Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 5, 2007

reaction to immunizations

So you know when you immunize your baby and they give you those sheets of paper, explaining what to watch for and what to do if there is a reaction? Normally I file them away in Kassidy's room somewhere and then eventually throw them out. This time, for her one year shots, for whatever reason I decided to keep them on the kitchen table. (She had them done 10 days ago.) This morning when I got her out of bed she was covered with a rash all over her face, and spots from her neck down. I first thought maybe she was too hot and it was from the heat, so I let her have her breakfast and just watched. They never went away. I consulted the papers and they said that she could have a reaction up to 30 days after getting the needles. It was for chickenpox/mumps/measles. I called Healthlink right away and they told me that it is a chickenpox type rash. We have to stay away from babies not immunized and pregnant ladies. My sister Crystal was still OK watching my tiger cat while I was at work (thank you thank you thank you!) so we did our usual thiing today. When I picked her up it was daylight and I could see the rash better. I started to get more and more concerned because the paper said if there are more than 50 bumps then she needs to go back to the health centre. So I called Capital Health again tonight. They reassured me that as long as she doesn't have a fever, the rash doesn't internalize, her mood doesn't change too much, and she keeps eating and sleeping, that it will pass in a couple of days. It's not 'real' chickenpox, but it could turn into it. This picture kind of shows them on her body:


And a nice, happy picture of T-Cat playing with her favourite toy:

No comments: