Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

lists

This is what my life has become. Lists.

I make lists for grocery shopping. If it's not on the list, I don't remember to buy it. Dan says "Ang, did you buy any ranch dresssing yet?" and I reply "Was it on the list?". If he says "no, but I told you I needed some", I respond "I'm not denying you told me, but if it's not on the list I'm not going to remember."

I make lists of things I need to do on my way home from work.

Lists of things I want to get done on my Monday's off.

Errand lists.

I make lists of phone calls I need to make the next day.

I make lists at work: What I want to accomplish each day of the week and then break it down further to itemizing each day's priorities.

Today I even made a list for my sister, Crystal. I felt stupid doing it, but if I hadn't I would have forgot. And sure enough, one item I didn't put on the list, and I forgot to tell her about it, and ended up emailing her when I got to work.

Don't get me wrong. I like lists. I think they are a valuable tool. And I'm glad that I recognize their value and take advantage of them. I just wish I didn't have to use them so darn much. Pretty soon I'll be making lists to tell me where I've put all my lists. : )

Why do I all of a sudden need to revolve my life around lists, you ask? It's because of a tiny little tiger cat. So when I really think about it, do I mind all that much? No, not at all. Having my life so full of 'stuff' is worth it when I have this to love:

4 comments:

Chrissy and Brian said...

That is such a cute picture! And I make lists to, if I didn't I would never remember. I was out last night and needed to stop for milk on the way home, but if it wasn't written down on the piece of paper in my pocket, I would have got to superstore and forgot what I stopped there for! Glad I am not the only one!

BethJoy said...

I have 3 grocery lists on the go right now! They are VERY important, especially when you become a MOM, and you're brain goes to mush :)

Jodi said...

I got so inundated with lists (and the placements thereof) that I needed to get a coil-bound book that all my lists go into now. (Coil-bound so it can be splayed open effortlessly.) Days... groceries... financing... window measurments.... it's all there. That way, I'm never looking for little scraps of highly important pieces of paper floating around "somewhere," as well as being able to access all thing deemed important all at the touch of my fingertips whenever I want. I'm almost at the end of my book. Time for a new one! : )

Angie said...

Oh, a book, good idea!