Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

quiet

I'm a quiet person. And I wonder....what's wrong with that? I've never been comfortable in group settings. Throw more than one person into the mix and I clam up. Why?
- I don't know what to say
- I'm afraid what I'll say will be stupid
- I don't know when to 'jump into' the conversation
- I feel uncomfortable when more than one person is listening to me talk (see above...because I think I will say something they will think it's dumb.)

The result?
I don't say much, if anything.
So people think I'm pissed off.
Or a snob.

What an utterly terrible side-affect of not being good in groups.

Just so all you out there know (whoever reads my blog, if anyone) I'm not a snob. I'm not pissed off. I love people. I need social interaction like everyone else. I'm just a social-retard. (Sorry if that term offends anyone.)

For every chatty-kathy out there, there is a silent-sam.

1 comment:

Chrissy and Brian said...

I'm with you Angie, I am the same way. And I don't think you are a snob. You are an amazing person and a wonderful friend, and I am blessed to have you in my life.
It sucks when people think they know you when they really don't, and just don't understand what it is like to be shy.