Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

great action shot

Wednesdays the kids I watch are totally into horses. (I have a lot of part time kids so my days vary a lot.) It's usually a day spent 50% of the time running courses, doing jumps, etc. I got this great picture of Kassidy, although blurry, of her in mid jump, with her self-made riding helmet on.


This weekend we spent some time outside with Dan. He got this cool duck hunter toy from his friend Troy, for his birthday. You charge it up on a toy gun, then let it fly and try to 'shoot' it out of the air. It runs for 40 seconds then falls to the ground, in case you don't shoot it down. Well good thing we had a big open space to try it in because that thing really flies! Dan couldn't get it down and it kept going further and further away. It ended up in a neighbours yard across and down the road from us. We had to go hunting for it. (And I was a little nervous because they aren't the most friendly of neighbours.) But they didn't come out of the house, and we found it. :) I can't wait to try it again!



Speaking of shooting, the few times I've done it in my life, whether using a hand gun at an indoor range or a rifle shooting at flying clays, I've loved it. I can't even describe the thrill it gave me. And I seem to be pretty good at it too. I mentioned it to Dan, that I wouldn't mind taking it up as a sport. I think he's pretty happy about it. There is an outdoor range him and his friends go to around Tofield. I told him I wouldn't hunt though. Just target practice stuff. So now he's looking for a gun for me and is looking when he can get me registered in a firearms course. I'm so excited!! Not only because it's something I've wanted to do for a long time, but also because it's an interest that both Dan and I have and we can share it together. :)

No comments: