But enough of my excuses! I have to update you about our holiday. It was AMAZING, especially for no planning going into it. I think sometimes that's the best way to do it, for us anyway. No plans so you just do whatever comes to mind. No rushing to get to the next place on time. We took this picture on the way to Kelowna. It was dark out and Kassidy didn't want to go to sleep. I think she was too amazed by how the sun was disappearing and it was slowly getting darker out. We drove all the way there with a few stops along the way to eat and go to the loo. Turned out Kassidy had a hard time going to sleep that night so she ended up sleeping with Dan and I, but that was OK because I was expecting it. The next day she was back on track.
We stayed at our friend's place, Dave and Marcy. They have two little boys aged 5 and 15 months. They were such good little boys. The 5 year old liked to play with Kassidy and he would throw toys and say "go fetch!". He was trying to teach her to crawl. It made me laugh! He would tickle her, talk to her, pet her head, and roll around on the ground with her. After that visit Kassidy moves around a lot more now. I guess there is something to be said for having your little one hang out with older kids. This is the view from their patio deck. Beautiful veiw of the lake.
We took Kassidy to the park next to the lake. She got to go on a swing and slide. I had never put her on those things before. She loved it! Laughed and laughed. Dan pushed the stroller everywhere we went. He was a proud Dad. : )
I'm having a hard time picking pictures to put here. There are so many!
On our way back home we took our time. We stopped at the Enchanted Forrest and at Armstrong where we saw a cheese making factory. I found that wherever we went people were so accomodating with Kassidy. What I mean is, warming up her food. There wasn't one place we went to that didn't happily take her bowl of food and put it in the microwave for us. Whether it was a fancy smansy restaurant, a cafe, or a fast food joint. We stayed at Three Valley Gap on Wednesday night, and what a good decision! It was absolutely gorgeous there. The hotel is older, but the grounds are beautiful and all the people who work there are so friendly. We took a tour of their ghost town Thursday morning, and then headed back home.
This picture was at the Enchanted Forrest.
One at Three Valley Gap.
And almost home. : )




2 comments:
I remember the Enchanted Forrest! I think that's where we fed the ducks!
Makes me want to take a trip to the coast to see family but I don't think Connor would cooperate in the car like Kassidy.
Glad you had a good trip and thanks for the new post!
Glad you had a great time Angie
Post a Comment