We went for her checkup today and my little 9 month old sweetheart is 18lbs 6oz and 27 inches long. Apparantly she's right on average for weight but she is short. Which explains her big belly. The big belly that I love! The doctor talked about her upcoming surgery also (she's not doing it - she's a ped's doc) and as we were leaving she said "Well, hopefully the surgery works." I ignored it. In my mind if I didn't respond then it meant she hadn't said it. But I know that she did otherwise I wouldn't be writing about it now. It confused me because I thought that the surgery was a done deal - that it WILL fix her. It's our last option so it has to. That kind of got me down and anxious. But we'll continue to take it step by step and pray that it all works out.
We stopped at Arby's for lunch (Crystal and Jodi - I got a salad and orange juice - gotta be extra good this week since we've missed some workouts!) and I had a very frustrating experience. I had on my backpack full of Kassidy's necessities, her lunch, and my purse. Kassidy was in one arm. I walked to the back of the restaurant to get a highchair, to bring it to the front so we'd have it when our food came. So I'm at the back of the place with my heavy backpack, Kassidy in one arm and the highchair in the other. It was noon and the place was half full, mostly men on their breaks from nearby construction jobs. I had to get by this one group of men and asked, politely, if he could move forward so I could get by. He inched his chair up a bit, but not enough, and all three of them sat there watching as I had to lift the highchair high enough to pass over the tables, while still carrying Kassidy and the backpack. It doesn't stop there. There were two other times I had to do this on my way to the front and everyone was just staring at me. Come on! Get off your lazy asses and help me! Man, I was mad. I want to write into the venting section of the Journal about this one. We'll see if I do.




1 comment:
You have the worst luck! We need to hang out more often so I can teach you to turn your b*tch on. You put up with too much crap.
Post a Comment