When did I become someone that people could make 'old' jokes to?
By 'people' I mean 20-year-olds.
Was it when I turned 30? Got married? Bought a house? Had a kid?
This week I had my FIRST old comment, and man is it sticking in my brain! One of the 20-year-old's I work with made it. My boss came by and said to us (as I was training the 20-year-old on the system) "You were the first one to ever enter one of these policies." And the 20-year-old piped up "Haha. That must make you feel old, hey?'
Yah. Hahaha. (Jerk.)
After that I started analizing things. For example, I looked at a Sears flyer. I flipped through the mens clothing section deciding what type of guy I found most attractive. I ruled out all the young looking men. They looked too cocky. I went for all the older men, with character lines on their face and maybe a bit of grey poking through in their hair.
I'm only 33! I'm not old!
(Will I make this same statement at 43???)
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment