Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 21, 2008

18 months

Wow. We've hit the 18 month mark. Hard to believe that only a mere year and a half ago she was still a mystery. It seems like she has been a part of our family forever now! She is talking up a storm (although I'm sure there are only a select few who understand what she is saying all the time. haha.) Night night, Mommy, Daddy, kitty, HI!, baby, ball, one more, up, down, nice, NO!, and probably a few more I am missing, but those are the most common. And she can make the noises of a donkey, kitty, puppy, snake, monkey, cow, horse, pig and duck. Her favourite are the puppy, cow and horse. She neighs, moos and pants on our drive in to Sherwood Park. : ) She also loves trains, which is good since we live so close to a train track. And reading. My goodness does that girl love books! I'm happy that she does, because I love them too. She is becoming a bit more of a finiky eater and won't eat whatever is placed in front of her. I do love that she is becoming her own person and making decisions on what she likes and dislikes, but it does make meal time a bit tricky. If everything I put in front of her is NO! I know I can always get her to have some yogurt and cheese. She LOVES walking and standing. She's still pushing her walker, but she can stand on her own now so I know she can walk on her own too, she just needs to build up a bit more confidence. I'm hoping she's walking for Daddy's birthday on Feb 9. Wouldn't that make a cool gift? I'm sure most of these accomplishments are pretty normal for kids, but I just wanted to share what she's been up to because I find it so facinating and cool. : )

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Such a sweetpea! I can't believe it's 18 months already!!! Oh lord, soon it will be 2 years old! I can't believe it!