Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 26, 2008

blessings

Now that Kassidy is close to walking, and we have a six month reprive from doctor visits, I've been reflecting on these past 18 months and realize how blessed we are. Even though we went through some difficult times, through it all we had the amazing support of friends and family, and God gave us blessings that only He could. I'd like to count my blessings, so that in six months time, if we get news from the doctor that upsets us, I can look back at this and remember all that we have been given.

- First and foremost, a beautiful, sweet, kind, gentle little girl.
- When we had Kassidy's surgery, a friend organized a group to fill our freezer with pre-made meals, so that I could concentrate on my girl and not have to worry about dinners.
- Many prayers.
- People coming to visit and offer support.
- A sister who lovingly took my girl into her home when I went back to work. She was still in a cast at that point, and had to wear the diaper splint for a few months after it came off still, and I doubt I would have been able to find a daycare or dayhome that would have done that for me.
- When she got her last cast on she wouldn't fit in her car seat anymore. We would have been house-bound for three months (including months when I had to be back at work) if it wasn't for someone returning the ONLY special car seat in ALL of Alberta that night before we went home from the hospital.
- My brother making an evening run to the Sherwood Park Walmart to meet us there, in order to give us some supplies they had handy, so that we could make our girl comfortable at night.
- All the encouraging words from friends.
- Not allowing her immobility to stop us from enjoying life! Still going out to visit friends, shopping, and trips to Parentlink.

I'm sure there is more that I missed listing. As they come to me I'll add them in.

Thanks guys. :)

1 comment:

Jodi said...

We are blessed to be a part of Kassidy's world. : ) She is one remarkable little lady.

Good for you for writing down the blessings like this. They all add up, don't they? It's so easy to get stuck in a woe-is-me type mindset (at least it is for me) and it's so encouraging to see it all laid out before us in black and white. Thanks for the reminders. : )