A father, drunk as a skunk, takes his three year old and year old daughters outside, in a t-shirt and diapers, in -50 degree weather. He blacks out. When he comes to he is in a hospital and doesn't know where his daughters are. They are dead. He left them to freeze to death. If you were the doctors and nurses, could you take care of this man?
I think I am a pretty sympathetic person. I like to think that people who do crimes can have remorse and change their lives around. For that reason I don't beleive in the death penalty. (And because I don't beleive that it's up to society to decide when a person lives or dies. We will reap what we sow in our next life.) But that is getting into a deeper topic. I just want you to know that normally I would have sympathy for this man, as strange as that probably sounds. He obviously has problems if he has to get that drunk when he is watching his children.
But when it is a helpless child? Ones that were in his care and looked to him for protection? That he allowed to die a terrifying and (I would imagine) painful death, because of his neglect?
I couldn't do it. I know that it's not what the bible teaches us. I know that if it was Jesus caring for this man in the hospital, that He would do it. I think I could bring myself to talk to this man if he showed true remorse, but I couldn't nurse him back to health.
I have a lot of respect for the nurses and doctors who are watching this man right now.
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




3 comments:
I saw that on the news too. Those poor little girls. I was very angry and then you see some friend of his interviewed saying, "he's going through a lot right now?" ya think??
Matthew asked "how did they get outside?" to which I think they went looking for their Dad... but here's another poser - what the heck were they doing in only a tshirt and diaper, even when only inside the house, when it's -45? Connor and I didn't leave the house Monday and he was in slippers, socks, heavy pants and two shirts!
To me that proves that it wasn't a "terrible tragedy" the man is clearly a bad parent and it was a tragedy waiting to happen.
Get drunk on your own time.
I know that story was horrible to hear. I hear you Lindsey about wearing lots even inside the house in this weather. Did you hear alos about that daycare whose landlord wasn't turning the heat up for the owner, and it was +4-8 degrees in the center, I shiver in my house when it is +20right now. Me and the day home have stayed inside this week, no playing outside :( and the heat has been pumping, expensive week for my job!!
I'm just pages from finishing a book that has this type of situation at the end of it. Except the person she needs to save is the man who murdered her two sisters.
What a sad, sad world we can be a part of. Those poor, poor little babies.
Post a Comment