Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 31, 2008

my girl has baby measles!

Poor little sweet pea. She had a fever when I picked her up after work on Wednesday, and she was being very cuddly. Thursday morning the fever was gone. Thursday after work my sister pointed out that Kassidy had a rash on her bum. By Friday night that rash had spread all over her body: arms, legs, face, hand, body. I called Capital Healthlink and we went through the symptoms and figured it was baby measles. She said she's not contageous, but unless I get it checked by a doctor I'm not going to expose her to any other kids. She's not itchy, so that's good. And she's still eating, just not as much. Her mood sure is different though. She's not her usual happy self. It works out well that my Mom is coming to visit this week so that she can stay home with her. Bummer is I'm leaving for Calgary tomorrow, for work, and won't be home until Monday night. Sure, Dan can take good care of her......but I want to. :)

On another note, the donkeys are back!! The baby is sooooooooo cute. I can't even describe how cute he is. His head is so big, and his ears stand up so big and tall. Striker seems to be very protective of Emma Brown and Kokanee. The neighbour horses kept coming up to the fence to check out their new neighbours, and every time they did Striker would run full tilt towards them, HEE-HAWW'ing and the top of his lungs. Such a good boy. :) I'll post pictures of them all soon!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I hear ya! Connor just had baby measles too. Started with a stuffy nose and then his whole body broke out in a rash. It only lasted a few days, but you gotta feel sorry for the little buggers.

Angie said...

Oh, I'm glad I'm not alone! And that it lasted for such a short time.