Who knew it was this challenging? Well, I suppose some of you knew. But I didn't. I decided since I'm home this week I'd give it a shot. I'm not pushing it, just making it fun and stress free, but now that I made the decision to start this I just want it done! I know I know, it's up to her. :) I AM being patient. If she doesn't want to sit on her potty I don't make her. But it sure would be exciting if one time she sat on it she did something, so she'd know what it's all about. I got a good book for her to read and she likes it, even if after we're done she walks around saying "pee pee poo poo". haha. :) And I think she's got all the signs of showing readiness for this. I would just love not to have to change her diapers anymore. How sweet would that be?
I'll keep you posted on the progress. I'm sure every single one of you wants to be kept up to date on her going to the bathroom. ; )
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




4 comments:
Dana's big advice for this is give them a massive sweet drink that they'll love and drink it all up (i.e. iced tea, or something they don't normally get), and every hour put them on the potty. The feeling and connection of peeing is bound to connect sooner rather than later. Keep the drinks coming for a good couple of days, and always put them on to try. (Sometimes easier said than done.) And don't forget the MASSIVE potty dance that comes after peeing. : ) We'll be on potty call any time. Kind of like a booty call. But distinctively not. Yahoo for little Kassidy!!! : )
Mmmmm....good idea! I like the thought of filling her belly with liquid and creating the need to go. I'm going to give it a shot!
Doesn't it suck?!!?? I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING. 3 different potty seats, moving one into the living room... my problem is he hates sitting on it with a bare butt. He tells me when he's peed or pooped but won't tell me before. It's so frustrating.
I've heard people say "Oh, I potty trained my kid in 1 weekend." but then I find out the kid was 3 years old. WELL YA THINK?
I feel your pain sister.
Let me know of any hints you figure out.
Way to go on trying! I hope she puts it all together real soon for you. Once you make up your mind to train you do want it over with. Girls usually train faster so you have that advantage. But be prepared for setbacks. Jonah trained in 1 month but yes he WAS 3. I tried at 2 but it wasn't working, so I gave up until 6 months after Logan was born and we moved, less change and stress in our life. Are you putting her in underwear? or is she still in her diaper? Try those thick undies and a rubber pant (to help contain the mess). They feel wet and the pee burns, it seemed to work for Jonah, he didn't like the way it felt, obviously!
Post a Comment