I must be in a pissy mood lately because a lot of things are really annoying me. Now that I got my 'don't tell me my animals are fat' pet peeve out of the way I now have to let out another pet peeve that is driving me nuts.
Parents that bring their kids to me in shoes (and I'm not talking soft Robees) and expect them to wear them all day. These are kids that are just learning to walk. Number one, it's better for kids to learn to walk using bare feet. But that isn't what bugs me. What bugs me is have you ever tried putting a kid with big clunky shoes into a high chair? It's a struggle to get their feet in. Or I could just take their shoes off and put them back on again when they get out....every single time! Might as well because if you do get their legs in with their shoes on then when it's time to come out their feet always get stuck and the shoes falls off anyway. And lets talk about diaper changing time. Every single time I have to change a diaper I have to not only undo their pants and onsie, but I also have to take their shoes off and put them back on again.
Sure, I love shoes on kids. I used to put them on Kassidy all the time. But once they start to walk...really....they don't need them. And they are just a pain in the butt.
Done.
I'm sure I'll think of something new the next couple days to complain about. Or maybe my mood will change and I'll write something positive and uplifting. :)
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




2 comments:
So are these 'inside' shoes the parents want them to wear all day to 'help' them learn to walk? If they are big and awkward, that would be annoying for highchairs and diaper changes for sure!
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's better for their feet to learn to walk bare foot.
Post a Comment